Part of my tagline (taking you beyond imagination) that my daughter came up with. She knows her daddy well! Maybe that’s because I had the blessing, honor, and responsibility of helping to raise her. So, as I was a nerd, she didn’t have a lot of choice but to become a nerd like her father. Through the years, the joys, the tears, the magical moments, and the times that nothing seemed to be going right, we made it together as a family. From diapers to wedding vows, and beyond now to grand children, truly nothing really prepared us for all that we would experience. To me, the life that I have been blessed with is “beyond imagination”! A few of the most precious moments that come to mind are:
1. Sitting at my wife’s feet on a stool as our daughter was born via c-section. Snickering a little as the doctors struggled to remove the baby through an incision that wasn’t really big enough for her head! Yes, she has my fat head!
2. Standing and laughing as my wife handed our daughter to me after my wife had been covered with projectile vomited, only to receive the same joy of the next round of said vomit! Then we both burst out in laughter.
3. Rushing our daughter to the ER with dog bites on her face and head that she had received from a puppy when playing with a small rubber ball. There it was I that had to sit down so I wouldn’t pass out as they stitched up her wounds.
4. Reading a potty training book and it worked! Our daughter went from diapers to pull ups in one day!
5. Realizing that as our daughter grew she was becoming more and more like me, with the exception that she was showing signs of her mother’s short temper! Oh my!
6. Watching our daughter grow into a young lady and going on dates, proms, etc. Double oh my!
7. Graduation with honors and scholarship! Needed to find a place to sit down lol!
8. College, jobs, moving out into the world: yes, men do cry over some of these events in their children’s life.
9. For us, church has always been important. When daughter, along with her fiancee, accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, there really is nothing in our finite little minds and hearts that can even begin to explain how we, as parents, felt in that moment. Truly the greatest event for us, and way beyond imagination.
10. Marriage: the final step that began the day she was conceived (which was the first of many miracles in the lives of Randy and Sharon). How do you thank life and GOD enough for all that He has done through his divine love for us? Truly, that has taken this man, unworthy as I am, beyond imagination!
So what have you experienced in your life that has been BEYOND IMAGINATION? Share some of your joys, triumphs, and the good times as well as the bad. Being human, we have these things in common, and the sweetness and bitterness is a mutual part of the time we have here.
My dear friends, I leave you with this scripture. May it ever give you joy, hope, and a reason to believe in the wonder and goodness that is GOD.
GOD’S WORD Translation
20 Glory belongs to God, whose power is at work in us. By this power he can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.